Businesses need phone service just like every home or individual needs phone service. A solid business plan, though, involves having a variety of options in case one company’s service fails or another option becomes more affordable. Small businesses truly have the most to gain from this sort of industry-shifting technology.
Here are a few ways small business phone service can help grow your company:
– Affordable. With an average of $1,500 a month for a traditional landline, it’s no wonder so many businesses have switched to VoIP service. This type of phone service comes in at around $800 a month or less and offers just as many features and benefits as a traditional landline.
– Flexibility. Adding new lines and extensions is often an issue with some phone companies, but VoIP offers its users numerous ways to expand their service. Businesses also have the option of using both VoIP and traditional phone options at the same time to bring down costs while still having access to specific phone numbers.
– Technology perks. VoIP offers a variety of modern features that make it stand out from traditional lines. These include things like customizable hold music, spam filtering, and call recording. In addition, many companies offer add-ons such as SMS service or toll-free dialing at a low monthly fee.
– Business continuity. One of the best benefits VoIP offers is its reliability during bad weather or power outages. A traditional landline can be knocked out, but a VoIP line relies on internet service (and even then, some companies offer battery backups), which means that your phone never goes down when you need it most.
Businesses that have been using VoIP phone service lately have seen a lot of benefits from this type of technology. In addition to the points above, users can also benefit from money-saving features like international calling and unlimited long-distance calls which traditional landlines definitely don’t offer for under $1,500 a month.
It’s important to do your research before you make any business decision; VoIP phone service is no different. Take a look at what’s available and choose the plan that meets your company’s needs down the line so you can feel confident in making a solid investment with your money.
Before delving into the different options, it’s helpful to understand why phone service is essential for most businesses. Perhaps most importantly, a business owner needs to be reachable and able to receive and make calls and texts at all times. Phone numbers form the foundation of brand recognition—being available on customers’ contact lists is critical if a business wants to attract new customers.
A variety of phone service options are available for businesses—the trick is finding the package that best suits your company’s needs. An ideal plan has minimal downtime, ample minutes and features, excellent call quality, and the ability to accommodate as many employees as needed.
Businesses that rely on their phone service can’t afford downtime or poor call quality. With so much riding on a business’s phone number, working with a trusted company is crucial. A reliable partner ensures businesses they can receive calls and texts at all times and answer questions about billing and rate plans.
The first step to finding the right service is gathering information about available options. Most companies offer a variety of services at different prices with differing capabilities—getting your needs in order will help you decide what type of plan is best for you. Some basics to consider are the number of employees who need phone service, preferred features, and special requirements like VoIP service.
There are numerous phone services to choose from, each with its own set of pros and cons. In most cases, a business’s VoIP phone service must be through the same company as the internet connection. The best companies offer unlimited minutes and allow businesses to change their plan at any time without penalties or fees for early termination.
Some VoIP phone services limit the number of lines a company has access to, which is not ideal for growing companies.
For businesses with employees in multiple locations, a virtual PBX may be the best choice. This option allows an employee to use his or her cell phone as a business line through cloud-based technology. The downside is that these types of phone services typically cost more than traditional landline services.
A traditional landline is still an option for businesses that don’t require cloud-based technology or extensive features. Businesses can also choose to use a VoIP system with their current line, which enables them to access all the features available without having to pay extra charges.
Another thing to consider when choosing phone service for your business is your employees. If they’re traveling, working in the field, or at a client’s office, you’ll want to ensure that their phone can go with them and stay connected no matter where they are. Many companies offer “Bring Your Own Device,” or BYOD plans that let employees use their personal cell phones as business lines. This is great for businesses that want to save money and also give employees the freedom to work anywhere they please.
There are several ways companies can help you save time and money when choosing small business phone service:
· In most cases, a company will allow businesses to switch back and forth between plans with no penalty or fee. This can help businesses save money on more expensive plans while also enjoying the flexibility of downsizing if necessary.
· A company that offers phone service in several countries will be able to provide advice about local rates, regulations, and common destinations for calls. You’ll get peace of mind knowing your business can stay in touch from anywhere, even if it has an international presence.
· Many companies offer free consultations where they can provide suggestions based on a business’s unique needs and goals. This type of personalized service is great for businesses that want expert advice about which phone service packages will best suit their company.
For many small businesses, a thorough research process is a luxury. By choosing a provider that streamlines the selection process, businesses can save time and money while ensuring they’re working with a trusted company dedicated to customer satisfaction.
Businesses are turning increasingly to cloud-based phone service for their needs. The main reason is that it is more affordable and reliable than traditional phone services, which use copper wires to transmit their signals. Traditional phone service runs on two-way networks that are susceptible to disruptions due to lightning strikes and other weather events, or even by cars crashing into utility poles.
With cloud-based services, the data is transmitted via fiber-optic cables. These cables can carry vastly more data than traditional phone lines and they are impervious to the elements that might disrupt old-fashioned service.
Yet another advantage of cloud-based services is that these phone systems can be scaled up or down as needed. Businesses may not need all the bells and whistles of the latest phone service right away, so they can start with a cheaper plan and upgrade later if their needs change.
Small businesses are better off than ever before when it comes to phone services. Finding the right provider is easier than ever thanks to helpful online comparison tools that help shoppers pinpoint the precise features they need.